Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Healing Grace




This week during Sunday's message, we took a look at God's Healing Grace and how He heals the hidden wounds of our life.  .

The Bible says in Psalm 147:3 "God heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds." 

We looked at God's view of us.  God always tells the truth.

Here are five things that God says about you that are true because of His grace. 

1.  I AM ACCEPTABLE.
Jesus tells us that this issue is settled when we accept His grace
No, it's unconditional because it's based on God's grace not your performance. 

2.  God says I AM VALUABLE.
 valuable because of His grace.God said, "You are valuable enough that I will give My own Son to die for you." That's how valuable you are.  If you want to know your value, look at the cross.  

3.  The Bible tells us because of God's healing grace I AM LOVABLE.
There are two characteristics that make God's love different from human love. 

            1.  God's love is consistent.  It's never going to end
    2.  God's love in unconditional.  It's not based on performance.  It's not based on you measuring up.

4.  The Bible says because of His grace I AM FORGIVABLE.
The good news is, when I receive Christ into my life, all my sins are wiped out -- including the ones for the rest of my life.  And that's grace. 

5.  God says with Christ in my life I AM CAPABLE.
From the Amplified Bible:  "Philippians 4:13 "I have strength for all things in Christ who empowers me.  I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him who infuses inner strength into me, that is, I am self sufficient in Christ's sufficiency."  

Every day review what God says about you.  Study after study has shown that your self esteem, your self worth, tends to be defined by what you think the most important person in your life thinks about you.  To a large degree the way you see yourself and the way you feel about yourself is determined by what you think the most important person in your life thinks about you.  If that's true, I want to suggest that you make Jesus Christ the most important person in your life.  He says you are acceptable and valuable and lovable and forgivable and capable.  The bottom line is, who are you going to believe?  Somebody else or what God says. 

No comments: