This is part 2 of why we should invest in the lives of our younger adults. This is the woman side!
Why Older Women Must Invest In Younger Women In the Church
1. The Bible requires it. Titus 2:3-5 expects that young women will learn from older women who have lived out their faith in the Lord. If our churches ignore this calling, the next generation suffers.
2. Many younger women have had few or no healthy female role models in their life. Mothers have a unique bond with their children, but not every mother is a model of godliness. Some young women are still waiting to become close friends with a godly female.
3. They will be spouses and moms in a culture ever turning from God’s standards. It’s no secret that young women will be called to live their faith in a world increasingly opposed to Christianity. They shouldn’t be expected to walk that path without an older role model.
4. They are future leaders of church ministries. Churches differ in what roles women can play in a congregation, but younger women will lead some types of ministries in the future. What they see modeled now will help them in the days to come.
5. Younger women are longing for mentors in the faith. Many of us tend to think about young men wanting mentors, but men have no monopoly on this need. Younger women are equally seeking older women who will give them time.
6. Even young women face such temptations as pornography. As morals are dropped and sin becomes more acceptable, even young women face issues we once assumed were limited to men. Many women, though, have no place to turn for support and guidance.
7. Woman-to-woman discipling can prepare younger women for the mission field. In some places of the world, only women have access to minister to other women. Being a disciple now will help younger women prepare for this role.
8. Even a few minutes of godly attention can change a younger woman’s life. That is to say, investing in a younger woman does not require a seminary degree or a ministry calling. All it requires is an older woman who walks with God—and a younger woman’s life may then never be the same.