Fun facts from our pastor's sermon Sunday:
Isn’t America a great place to live? While it’s not a perfect place (like Heaven will be!), it’s a lot better than most other nations in the world today.
America is a crazy place. Here’s what somebody wrote … “Only In America”:
• Only in America can pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.
• Only in America are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink.
• Only in America do drug stores make the sick walk all the way in the back to get their prescriptions … while healthy people can buy suntan lotion up front.
• Only in America do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and a DIET coke.
• Only in America do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway, and fill our garages with junk.
• Only in America do we use answering machines to screen calls, and have call waiting, so we won’t miss a call from someone we didn’t want to talk to in the first place.
• Only in America do we buy hotdogs in packages of 10, and buns in packages of 8.
• Only in America do we have Braille on drive up ATM machines.
I still believe that America is the greatest nation in the world. I feel blessed by God to have been born and raised in the good ‘ol U.S. of A.