Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Sunday, June 26, 2011
Barbara F. - her brother suddenly passed away last night. Please keep the family in your prayers.
Saturday afternoon we were blessed to share the joy of Tiffany and Clay along with their families as they joined hearts and lives in holy matrimony. Here are a few photos from the day. (More to come!)
The beautiful decorations and food provided by several of our church family who worked tirelessly to make this day special!
Thursday, June 23, 2011
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
July 3 - Cook out and fellowship time at church
July 9 - Men's Fishing Trip
July 10 - Pastor Appreciation Luncheon
July 15-22 - Association Wide Mission Trip
July 25-29 - Vacation Bible School
July 31 - VBS Family Night
Sunday, June 19, 2011
A Faithful Christian Father
God gives us in His Word some of the most important characteristics or attributes of a faithful Christian father. We can find some of those characteristics in both the Old and New Testament. What are some of those characteristics? Let's consider a few:
1) He has received Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of his life. John 3:16, and Romans 10:9
2) He seeks to read the Word of God daily for himself. Psalm 1, and Psalm 119:105
3) He spends time in prayer daily. Mark 1:35 and Philippians 4:6-7
4) He seeks to have a time daily to bring the family together to read the Word of God, teach from the Word, and pray together. Deuteronomy 6:1-9, and Ephesians 6:1-4.
5) He takes and/or makes time to train and instruct his children, teaching them about God, the Word of God, and teaching them wisdom for all areas of life. Deuteronomy 6: 1 - 9, Proverbs 2: 1-9, Proverbs 3: 1-2, Proverbs 4: 1-6.
6) He seeks to lead and take his family to church regularly - such as worship service on Sundays and Bible studies on Wednesdays. Joshua 24:15, and Hebrews 10:24-25
7) He has a sense of mission in his life. He seeks with passion to fulfill the specific call of God on his life, whatever that calling may be. Romans 12:1 - 2, Colossians 3:1-3.
8) He works hard to provide for his family. I Timothy 5:8. (God gave Adam a job before He gave him a wife in Genesis 2.)
9) He is a protector for his family. Matthew 1-2.
10) He lives the life of a good role model for his family and others. Joshua 24:15.
The world in which we live is in tremendous need of the ministry of faithful Christian fathers. Pray that God will raise up many of them who understand the important place and call of God upon them to be men after God's own heart in their home and in society and culture as well."
Happy Father's Day to our men. We love and appreciate you!
Friday, June 17, 2011
- Roy L. is home from the hospital recovering
- Mary Lou R. is battling some health problems this week
- Kay B. is undergoing cancer treatments and needs our prayers
- Rem F. is recovering from shoulder surgery and needs God's healing and strength
- Janet W.'s mother will undergo shoulder surgery today amidst her other health problems - needs our prayers along with her family
- The Harry S. family as they begin life without their loved one
- Caroline as she continues to minister to her parents
Then....we have opportunity to fellowship and rejoice with one another.
Thursday, June 16, 2011
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Monday, June 13, 2011
Thursday, June 9, 2011
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
1. Surrender - living sacrificially - surrendered to God's plans instead of our own.
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Ladies, your food donations would be appreciated and are a beautiful way to minister your love and support to the family. Please keep the family in your prayers.
Monday, June 6, 2011
Sunday, June 5, 2011
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
June 19 ~ Father's Day - we will celebrate with a family breakfast
June 25 ~ Tiffany R. wedding - will be held in Alachua - church family and friends are invited
June 27-30 ~ Children's Camp - please pray for children and adults through out the week
Go ahead and mark your calendars and stay connected with the church family this summer.