Friday, January 25, 2013
Ten Rules Kids Won't Learn In Schoolvia The Prairie Rambler, February 1998
- Life is not fair. Get used to it. The average teenager uses the phrase "It's
not fair" 86 times a day.
- The real world won't care as much about your self-esteem as your school
does. This may come as a shock.
- Sorry, but you won't make $40,000 a year right out of high school. And you
won't be a vice president or have a car phone, either. You may even have to wear
a uniform that doesn't have a designer label.
- If you think your teacher is tough, wait until you get a boss.
- Flipping burgers is not beneath dignity. Your grandparents had a different
word for burger flipping. They called it opportunity.
- It's not your parents fault if you mess up. You're responsible! This is the
flip side of "It's my life" and "You're not my boss."
- Before you were born your parents were not boring. They got that way paying
your bills and listening to you.
- Life is not divided into semesters. And you don't get summers off. Not even
spring break. You are expected to show up every day for eight hours; and you
don't get a new life every 10 weeks.
- Smoking does not make you look cool. Watch an 11-year-old with a butt in his
mouth. That's what you look like to anyone over 20.
- Your school may be "outcome-based," but life is not. In some schools, you're given as many as times as you want to get the answer right. Standards are set low enough so everyone can meet them. This, of course, bears not the slightest resemblance to anything in real life—as you will find out.
Good luck! You are going to need it—
and the harder you work, the luckier
you will get.
Tuesday, January 22, 2013
Growing Strong in the Seasons of Life, p. 205
Sunday, January 20, 2013
Thursday, January 17, 2013
Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Save the date!
Friday, February 15 at 6:00 PM will be our Valentine Banquet. This is always a wonderful time as we fellowship together with the church family. Food will be covered dish, so be planning your special Valentine food to bring! Please see Wanda P. if you need any additional information.
Tuesday, January 15, 2013
This Sunday is the “Sanctity of Human Life Sunday” across the nation. It marks the anniversary of Roe v. Wade, the day America began legalizing killing our unborn. Since that day more than 50,000,000 unborn children have been murdered “legally” on American soil.
The “Sanctity of Human Life Sunday” is a day to remember those that have been killed and to resolve ourselves to fight harder in the coming year to see the end of abortion. It’s a day to spend time praying for an end to abortion, praying for the unborn that could possibly be robbed of a chance at life, and praying for lawmakers that have the ability to protect the unborn to take the steps needed so every child is protected.
On this day, we take an offering for our local Pregnancy Care Center to show our support for them as they offer the choice of life for those in crisis pregnancies in our community.
Please come Sunday with a heart glorifying God for His gift of life and prayers for the sanctify of life to be revealed to all.
Sunday, January 13, 2013
Saturday, January 12, 2013
A new Ladies Bible Study will be starting soon. The title is "I saw the Lord" by Anne Graham Lotz and the study will continue for eight sessions. The participant's guide will be around $10.00. If you are interested, please see Kathy B. we need to have a count of how many to order.
Here is a description of the study
Expecting to See Jesus---the expanded edition of I Saw the Lord---is the result of Anne Graham Lotz's life lived in the hope of Jesus' return. As you journey with her through the pages of the Bible, you'll come to realize why she lives her life expecting to see Jesus at any minute. And, she wants to make sure you and all other Christians are ready for that moment when your faith becomes sight. Anne knows from personal experience that it's in the busyness of our days, as we're drifting in comfortable complacency, that we most need a wake-up call---a jolt that pushes us to seek out a revival of our passion for Jesus that began as a blazing fire but somehow has died down to an ineffective glow. In Expecting to See Jesus, Anne points out the biblical signs she sees in the world all around us and shows how you can experience an authentic, deeper, richer relationship with God in a life-changing, fire-blazing revival.
Friday, January 11, 2013
- It provides the only opportunity during the week for the entire ﬂock to hear the heart, mind, and voice of the Senior Shepherd.
- It’s the only day during the week for God’s flock to join their hearts together in uniﬁed worship.
- It’s the only time during the week that the ﬂock can blend their voices together in praise to God.
- It’s the only time during the week to join hands in giving sacriﬁcially to the Lord.
- It’s the only opportunity during the week in which the congregation (both young and old) can have a common shared experience.
- It’s the only time during the week in which the large body can be in a position to encourage and stimulate one another to love and good deeds in accord with Hebrews 10:24-25:13
Sunday, January 6, 2013
Saturday, January 5, 2013
“Let us go into the house of the Lord.”
Tuesday, January 1, 2013
Here is the Official Top 10 Simple Spiritual Ways to have an amazing New Year,
Defeat Boredom, Make Friends, Find Love, Trim Down, Shape Up, Discover Your Purpose, Make a Fortune, and Shine Your Light, are...
1. Take action.
2. Show up.
3. Lean into it.
4. Start anywhere.
5. Keep busy.
6. Get out more.
7. Ask for help.
8. Shake more hands.
9. Give more hugs.
10. Don't stop.