Earlier this year, our youth hosted a rest stop for the Azalea City Bike Ride. The bicyclists stopped at areas along their ride to rest and receive refreshments. Our youth hosted this rest stop and ministered to the bicyclists with food and encouragement. Turns out, the bikers rated our stop the best one along the way and our youth received a check for $100.00! Way to go youth! Here are some pictures of the day:
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Monday, April 25, 2011
Our children (and adults!) had a fantastic time at the Children’s Easter Celebration held on Saturday. It was only through the generosity and willingness to help out in various ways can an event like this take place. A special thank you goes out to those who hosted the event, brought food, donated toward the bounce house and helped out in so many ways. Thank you!!!
Here are a few scenes from the day:
Friday, April 22, 2011
Thursday, April 21, 2011
Thank you again for your prayers, support and giving.
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Sunday ~ The third day of Jesus' death. At dawn, two of Jesus' followers, women, went to the tomb. An angel appeared, causing such great fear among the soldiers they "fell as dead men." The angel rolled back the huge stone from the tomb. Jesus' body was gone, and the angel announced, "He is risen." For the next forty days, Jesus was seen by hundreds of people, all documented in the Bible (the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John).
Monday, April 18, 2011
- Caroline's parents - her father had a heart attack and will undergo a heart cath. today
- Eva H. is in the hospital battling congestive heart failure
- Garrett (Bo) - his father is facing some medical testing, please pray for good results
- Harry S. - underwent extensive surgery for mouth and throat cancer recently. Received a report that the cancer is back, it is aggressive kind and is in numerous places in his body. Please keep Harry and his family in your thoughts and prayers.
- Bridget M. - battling an infection and back in the hospital
- Joe R.'s brother - undergoing a colonoscopy today
- Doug M. - had some changes in his medication and is suffering some ill effects.
- Liz H.'s father - completed chemo and radiation treatments, but has been diagnosed with pneumonia and is in the hospital receiving aggressive treatment for it. Please keep him and the family in your prayers.
- A couple families have important doctor visits and tests this week. Please pray for wisdom for treatment.
Friday, April 15, 2011
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Jimmy's hog placed in the top of his class:
Dale and his hog:
Hanna smiling at her family after her hog got chosen as one of the top four in her class!
Way to go Antioch youth. We are proud of you!