Friday, December 31, 2010
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Our children presented Star of Wonder – a Christmas play which brought delight and joy to our church family. They did a super job sharing the true meaning of Christmas. Thank you to the kids for their faithfulness in practicing and to those who lead them. Great job everyone!
Monday, December 27, 2010
- Buddy Starling passed away Christmas Eve. The services were held yesterday, but your continued prayers for the family are appreciated.
- Norine B. requested prayer for three of her grandchildren who are battling sickness and health problems.
- Georgette R.'s brother in law Mel M. was diagnosed with lung cancer.
- Harry S. is again battling some mouth cancer and will again face surgery.
- Bro. Dave is battling sickness, but is recovering.
Thursday, December 23, 2010
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Our culture has influenced our understanding of the story of the birth of Jesus. A lot of misconceptions have arisen due to this. The more difficult questions help clarify the difference between the original Bible story and modern ideas.
1. The name of the mother of Jesus was:
2. Jesus was born in what town?
3. Joseph was a:
4. Why didn’t Joseph and Mary stay at the inn?
It was too expensive
There was no inn
There was no room
None of the above
5. How did Joseph and Mary get to Bethlehem?
Mary rode a donkey and Joseph walked
6. After being born, Jesus was placed in a:
Pile of hay
On the back of a donkey
7. A manger is a:
8. Which animals does the Bible say were housed in the stable?
cows, donkeys, sheep
lions, tigers and bears
goats, sheep and cows
The Bible doesn’t say.
9. From what area were the three kings that visited Jesus?
none of the above
10. What sign were the shepherds told to look for by the angel?
a lion and a sheep together in peace
a tree with a star on top
a star over Bethlehem
none of the above
11. With what words did the heavenly host of angels praise God?
"Joy to the World, the Lord is Come"
"Glory, Glory, Hallelujah”
“King of Kings and Lord of Lords”
"Glory to God in the highest,"
12. What is frankincense?
a form of gold
an incense from a tree
none of the above.
13. What is myrrh?
a musical instrument
a spice used for burial
a valuable wine
none of the above
14. How many wise men came to see Jesus?
The Bible doesn’t say
15. What does "wise men" most likely refer to?
16. The wise men met Jesus in a:
17. Who told Joseph and Mary to go to Bethlehem?
No one told them to go.
18. The child Jesus went to Egypt:
to meet pharaoh
because Joseph was told in a dream to take him
Joseph did not take Jesus to Egypt
none of the above
19. According to the Bible, the little drummer boy met Jesus:
when Jesus was in the manger
at a house
When Jesus was about two years old
none of the above
20. In which books do we find the story of Jesus’ birth
21. December 25th has been celebrated as Christmas since the Bible was written.
Sunday, December 19, 2010
Hope that you will take part in a great opportunity to spread the joy of Christmas!
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Sunday, December 12, 2010
What a wonderful time was had last Friday night at the Sunday School Christmas party! Thank you to all who worked hard to make this an enjoyable evening!
Here is a rousing rendition of The 12 Days of Christmas:
Lots of smiles and fun:
Stay tuned, more coming later this week!!
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Monday, December 6, 2010
Every penny given to Lottie Moon is used to support Southern Baptist missionaries as they share the Gospel overseas. The offering represents 55 percent of the International Mission Board’s total income.
Friday, December 3, 2010
It's always darkest before... daylight savings time.
Don't bite the hand that... looks dirty.
You can't teach an old dog new... math.
Happy is the bride who... gets all the presents!
A penny saved is... not much.
Children should be seen and not... spanked or grounded.
If at first you don't succeed... get new batteries.
Thursday, December 2, 2010
Christians face three enemies:
1. The World - All around us that is opposed to God.
2. The Flesh - Our old nature inherited from Adam.
3. The Devil - The enemy of God and all Christians who roams and seeks who he may devour.
Truths To Help Us Walk In In Victory
1. We Must Know Our Enemy: Never underestimate the power of the enemy.
2. We Must Have the Proper Equipment To Fight: God has provided armor for us to be effective as a soldier of God. (Ephesians 6:13-147)
3. We Must Be Energized: Prayer is the energy that equips us to be in God's strength. Always pray as we are always subject to temptation.
4. We Must Be An Encouragement: We as Christians are not alone in the battle. We are soldiers together and should encourage one another.
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Monday, November 29, 2010
Friday night the youth will have their Christmas party at the home of Buddy and Liz H. There will be a bonfire and time of fun and fellowship. All youth are encouraged to be at the H. home at 5:30 and to bring a fun Dollar Tree gift to exchange. Please see Liz for more information.
Sunday, November 28, 2010
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Monday, November 22, 2010
1. Do not place others before one another. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife.
2. Let nothing on earth become more important than your marriage. Seek first God’s will in your marriage and the other things will come as He desired.
3. Speak to one another with kindness and love. Like apples of gold in settings of silver is a word kindly spoken.
4. Remember to worship together. Oh come, let us worship and bow down. Let us kneel before the Lord our maker. For He is our God.
5. Love and accept one another’s family as your own. Your people shall be my people.
6. Do not harm one another with words, attitudes, or action. Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor and evil speaking be put away from you…and be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ has forgiven you.
7. Be faithful to one another. The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. And the two shall become one flesh.
8. Never take joy for one another. Above all things put on love, which holds everything together in perfect harmony.
9. Always speak the truth in love. The Lord will show you what is right and true, that you may always speak with integrity.
10. Do not desire or be envious of what others may have. I have learned that in whatsoever state I may be, to be content.
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Monday, November 15, 2010
Liz H.'s father is recovering from surgery at home and being treated for cancer.
Janet W.'s mom had a stay in the hospital last week and has been having a lot of pain.
Nancy B. and many others are battling sickness.
Lavon M.'s granddaughter has been diagnosed with mono.
Roy L. has received the diagnosis of lung cancer in both lungs. He and his family surely need our prayers.
Bridget M. is undergoing chemo treatments this week.
Please continue to show love, prayers and support for one another.
Sunday, November 14, 2010
Accept one another as he or she is
Be sensitive to each other's needs
Compliment each other regularly
Don't go to bed angry or with an argument unsettled
Express your love and appreciation for each other daily
Forgive one another totally and unconditionally
Give 100% of yourself to the marriage relationship
Honor one another
Identify areas of conflict and work on root causes
Listen to one another
Measure up to your God-assigned role in the marriage
Never drag up past mistakes
Open your heart to one another in honesty and understanding
Renew your commitment to God and to each other
Speak the truth in love
Treat each other as friends and lovers
Undergird one another in child-rearing, work and responsibilities
View your marriage as a covenant before God
Worship together and become involved in a local Bible believing church
X-ray your heart with the prayer, "Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me,
and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."
Yield yourselves daily to the will of God
Zero in on common goals and interests and enjoy each other for life
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Monday, November 8, 2010
1. Do you take the time to greet other church members warmly?
2. Do you regularly share a friendly hug or hearty handshake?
3. Do you pray for members of the congregation?
4. Do you let the pastor and other leaders know when they have done a good job?
5. Do you encourage the younger members?
6. Do you fellowship (socialize) with any members outside of church?
7. Do you bring others to church?
8. Do you share what you are learning in Sunday School/church with others?
9. Does someone in the congregation make you feel important?
10. Is there someone whom you feel could benefit from you being a blessing to them?
- Chip C. suffered an injury to his hip and is having some trouble with his sugar levels.
- Rufus S. has cancer and also some blood clots they need to treat.
- Beulah S.'s niece will undergo a chemo treatment this week.
- Beulah is having some hip and knee trouble while Robert is sick and Mark is trying to get his sugar levels regulated. Please keep the family in your prayers.
- Kay B. is recovering from surgery at home, but has doctor appointments this week to determine a course of treatment for her.
- Ida D.'s son's wife passed away suddenly this weekend. Please pray for this family in their time of loss.
- Bro. Dave and Caroline are attending the Florida Baptist Convention this week. Please keep this in your prayers.
Remember how powerful love expressed through our prayers and actions is to those in our church family and community. May the loving kindness and grace of God flow from our lives into the lives of those around us.
Friday, November 5, 2010
Thursday, November 4, 2010
Walk In Love - Love is the fundamental basis in a Christian's life.
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Monday, November 1, 2010
Never trouble another for what you can do yourself.
Never spend your money before you earned it.
Never buy what you don't want because it is cheap.
Pride costs more than hunger, thirst and cold.
We seldom repent of having eaten too little.
Nothing is troublesome that we do willingly.
How much pain the evils have cost us
that have never happened.
Take things always by the smooth handle.
When angry, count ten before you speak
if very angry, count a hundred.
- November 3 ~ Family Meal ~ Soup, Salad, Sandwich Night! 6:00 PM
- November 6 ~ Daylight Saving Time ends - set clocks back one hour
- November 12 ~ Ladies Retreat - Beautiful Inside and Out ~ 6:30 PM
- November 13 ~ Cross Heirs men's event - Branford
- November 21 ~ Church Thanksgiving Meal
- November 21 ~ Bring in Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes
- November 23 ~ Prayer Meeting (Tuesday night)
Friday, October 29, 2010
- Kay B. is home recuperating from surgery. Please pray for a smooth recovery and wisdom for further treatment.
- Mark S. is home from the hospital recovering.
- Liz H.'s father was diagnosed with lung cancer. He will undergo surgery today. Please pray for him, his family and the doctors as they plan a course of treatment.
- Betty G.'s sister passed away earlier this week. Please pray for her and the family for comfort and strength during this time.
Thursday, October 28, 2010
United Christians of Florida
Christian Family Coalition
Tuesday, October 26, 2010
- Kay B. will undergo surgery for breast cancer today (Tuesday).
- Caroline's parents are battling illness and facing important decisions.
- Liz H.' father is in the hospital with lung problems.
- Little Bridget is released from the hospital for a few days, but chemo treatments will continue.
- Family Fall Festival this Saturday
Sunday, October 24, 2010
Recently the Homecoming Parade was held and several of our church family was involved in it and watched and enjoyed from the sidelines.
What a great day of fun and hometown pride!