Commitment and Transformation
Some words that put a little bit of fear in Christians!!! We heard a powerful message Sunday morning from Romans 12:1-2.
Whatever happened to commitment in our churches?
- You will find more empty pews than filled ones on a typical Sunday.
- Out of the church membership roll - only 50% of members attend.
- A decision and a commitment are different. Many church decisions are made, but not all end up in commitment.
- There is no such thing as partial commitment to God.
- True commitment cannot be taken back.
Speaks of an inner change that is seen by outward actions.
Not something that we can do ourselves, but what God alone can do through us.
Instead of being conformed to the world around us and squeezed into it's mold, may we be transformed by the Lord and renewing our minds in Him.