Friday, October 18, 2013
Thursday, October 17, 2013
Can you imagine going through 30,000 diapers a month?
That’s how many diapers are needed for the domestic and international childcare needs of the Florida Baptist Children’s Homes. Our goal is to be able to help defray significant childcare costs for our foster parents and for the Children’s Malnutrition Center in Guatemala by providing them with a large quantity of disposable diapers for use throughout the year.
For this reason we are collecting diapers during the days leading up to Orphan Sunday, which is designed to raise awareness of the plight of orphaned and disadvantaged children around the world. The campaign runs from Tuesday, September 24, 2013 and concludes on Orphan Sunday, November 3, 2013.
Antioch is participating in this diaper drive and needs your help! Our goal is 1,000 diapers to be collected. There is a box in the foyer to receive diapers. Thank you for your support!
Wednesday, October 16, 2013
Become a Matthew
- Look around and identify your friends, neighbors, co-workers, fellow students, and family who do not know Jesus Christ as their Savior.
- Look forward to preparing your home and inviting every person on your list to view a program in your home or other comfortable place.
- Look up and pray every day for each person you have listed.
- Look after those who give their lives to Jesus Christ and help them grow in their faith.
- Look out for opportunities to build your relationship with these people.
- Antioch will be participating in this outreach. If you would be interested in opening your home, please see Bro. Dave.
Sunday, October 6, 2013
God tells us in the Bible that being a Christian is about living IN Christ and in relationship with others. Much of scripture including four of the Ten Commandments,