Saturday, May 1, 2010

Taking Our Spiritual Pulse

“Check his pulse.” You might hear a medic holler this out as they approach a heart attack victim. This first step is of vital importance. Every moment counts as the EMT works to save the life of the victim. Someone’s pulse reveals how strong their heart is pumping life-giving blood through their body. This first moment of evaluation can mean life or death. Although this is an extreme situation, taking a pulse does not only happen in an emergency. It is also taken routinely at a doctor’s appointment, after a workout, or just by one’s choice. It is a good way to determine the health of one’s heart at any given time.

In order to experience spiritual revival, we need to check the condition of our heart spiritually as well. Regular spiritual checkups will help us to better determine how healthy we are in our relationship with God. A great verse to use for your regular check up would be Mark 12:30-31. Compare your love for God and your love for others to your love for yourself and you have a clear picture of where you are spiritually. 
If  there are areas that need some reviving, ask the Lord to fill our needs and restore our passion for Him, His plans and will and come to revival ready to be touched and filled.
 


Taking our Spiritual Pulse
 

1. I have no real excitement about my relationship with God (Psalm 85:6).


Not ever ,  Rarely ever,  Occasionally,  True more times,  Definitely true of me  true of me
2. Prayer is a chore and I rarely have a desire to do it. I could live without it (Mark 1:35).

 

Not ever ,  Rarely ever,  Occasionally,  True more times,  Definitely true of me  true of me

3. The Bible seems dry and boring to me. I do not enjoy studying it. (2 Timothy 2:15).

Not ever ,  Rarely ever,  Occasionally,  True more times,  Definitely true of me  true of me


4. I easily give into sinful things that I know are displeasing to God (1 Timothy 6:11-12).

Not ever ,  Rarely ever,  Occasionally,  True more times,  Definitely true of me  true of me


5. I have no regular involvement in a ministry of any kind (Mark 10:45).

Not ever ,  Rarely ever,  Occasionally,  True more times,  Definitely true of me  true of me


Revival is the process of restoring someone to a renewed state of fellowship with God. It always starts in the hearts of individual Christians. (Mark 12:30-31)

No comments: