Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Jesus Said...I AM...

Seven "I AM" statements from the book of John

{Some Jesus statements to tuck into the heart and start believing~

"I AM the Bread of Life." Jesus, I will trust You to meet every hunger pang and satisfy every craving of my heart. I will turn to You and I will not be in want.

"I AM the Light of the World." Jesus, I trust You to illuminate the darkness and I choose to walk by faith, not by sight. I need not rely on my own understanding.

"I AM the Door." Jesus, I trust You to be my security, my safety, and to provide my "good pasture." I will not seek my own grazing grounds but will trust You to lead me beside still waters.

"I AM the Good Shepherd." Jesus, I need not be my own guide or shepherd. Rather, I will listen to and follow Your voice.

"I AM the Resurrection and Life." Jesus, I trust You to raise the dead, smelly places within me to new life. I will not rely upon my own self-righteousness or good deeds.

"I AM the Way, Truth, and Life." Jesus, I trust You to be the Way when there is none, to speak Truth in a world of noise and turmoil, and to be my very Life.

"I AM the Vine." Jesus, I trust You to nourish my soul, to provide the succor and sustainence necessary to produce fruit.

{References: John 6:35, 8:12, 10:9, 10:11. 11:25-26, 14:6, 15:5}

No comments: