Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Why Sing In the Choir?


Here is a quick shout out to Antioch's Choir!  They diligently and faithfully minister in music every Sunday morning.  We appreciate the powerful part of our worship service they share. A recent article share "Why I Love To Sing in the Choir".  There are currently open opportunities to join our choir.  Simply show up for practice following evening worship on Sunday nights.  You will be blessed and become a blessing!

MY  TOP  TEN  REASONS  FOR  JOYFULLY  SINGING  IN  THE  CHURCH  CHOIR

1.  Singing in my church choir gives me an opportunity to express my love for the Lord.

2.  Singing in my church choir is more than a hobby or an activity.  It is a calling.

3.  Singing in my church choir allows for a type of expression of praise to the Lord that could not be accomplished in any other way.

4.  Singing in my church choir allows me to participate in the overall ministry of leading in worship, which is a joy and a privilege.

5.  Singing in my church choir and in other Christian choirs has given me many opportunities to share the good news of Jesus Christ in many settings, throughout my home country and in other countries as well.

6.  Singing in my church choir and in other Christian choirs has implanted incredibly profound messages within my heart and soul through the lyrics of the songs that I have been able to sing.

7.  Singing in my church choir and in other Christian choirs has allowed me to get to know so many wonderful people who love the Lord and have a heart of service.

8.  Singing in my church choir allows me to participate in something that is so much bigger than my self.

9.  I believe that singing praise to God is the closest thing to Heaven that I can experience on this earth.

10.  I love to sing in my church choir and in other Christian choirs because of the incredible songs that God has inspired men and women to write, which then become part of my own spiritual journey.

I believe that before a spiritual song can touch the hearts of people, God must first touch the heart of the song-writer (composer) of the song.  I believe (and know!) that every song begins with a revelation of truth from God or a new way of looking at or expressing a truth already known. 

Found at Worship Sounds

No comments: