Wednesday, November 16, 2016

The Christian Soldiers Creed

From Sunday's sermon...The Christian Soldiers Creed

Acknowledging that a Christian soldier is commissioned to be a militant, a fighter, and aggressive warrior in the attack on the “gates of hell,” I must also accept the fact that as a Christian Soldier, my Commander in Chief expects me to engage the enemy on my knees, with a shout of victory. The battle belongs to the Lord.

Never shall I fail my brothers and sisters! I will always keep myself mentally alert, morally straight, and spiritually strong. I will shoulder more than my share of responsibility  in every battle, whatever that may be.

Gallantly I will show the world that I am a specially selected and well-trained soldier. My Christian demeanor, my readiness for battle and the care of my equipment, the full armor of God, shall be an example for others to follow.

Energetically I will meet Your enemies on my knees, Lord. My assigned post shall be the prayer closet. I shall conquer on that field of battle, for I am continually training and will fight with all my might, remembering, “Greater is He who is in me than He who is in the world.” Surrender if not a Christian word!!

I will never leave a wounded brother or sister to fall into the hands of the enemy, and under no circumstances will I ever embarrass my fellow warriors in Christ or my Commander in Chief.

Readily I will display the intestinal fortitude required to fight on to the Christian objective and complete my mission, even if I am the lone survivor, knowing that my Commander will never leave me nor forsake me.

Untiringly I will defend the cause of my Commander, on my knees, at my post, knowing that the prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

No comments: