Monday, April 26, 2010

Preparing For Revival Day 2

Oh! men and brethren, what would this heart feel if I could but believe that there were some among you who would go home and pray for a revival ­ men whose faith is large enough, and their love fiery enough to lead them from this moment to exercise unceasing intercessions that God would appear among us and do wondrous things here, as in the times of former generations.
Charles Spurgeon

Things We Can Do To Prepare For Revival In Our Lives:

HUMILITY:  (Isaiah 57:15)
a.  Am I quick to recognize and agree with God in confession when I have sinned?
b.  Am I quick to admit to others when I am wrong?
c. Do I rejoice when others are praised and recognized and my accommlishments go unnoticed by people?

a.  Do I consistently obey what I know God wants me to do?
b.  Do I consistently obey the human authorities God has placed over my life?

PURE HEART (I John 1:9)
a.  Do I confess my sin by name?
b.  Do I keep "short sin accounts" with God (confess and forsakes as He convicts)?
c.  Am I willing to give up all sin for God?

No comments: