Sunday, April 25, 2010

Preparing For Revival

Revival is a renewed conviction of sin and repentance, followed by an intense desire to live in obedience to God. It is giving up one's will to God in deep humility. - Charles Finney


Revival awakens in our hearts an increased awareness of the presence of God, a new love for God, a new hatred for sin, and a hunger for His Word. - Del Fehsenfeld Jr.


Revival, no matter how great or small in its ultimate scope, always begins with individual believers whose hearts are desperate for God, and who are willing to pay the price to meet Him. - Del Fehsenfeld Jr 

Revival services will begin May 2 (next Sunday).  Revival is not planned, worked up or created.  It is a soveign work of God in the hearts of His people who desire the work of the Lord in their lives and church.   This week our church is praying for revival and opening our hearts for the Lord to do the work He alone can do.  Each day this week there will be posted here some things we can do to prepare for revival in our hearts.  This sheet was passed out Sunday morning and it is our hope and desire that you will follow along each day as we prepare for revival.

GENUINE SALVATION:  (I Corinthians 5:17)
a.  Was there a time in my life when I genuinely repented of (was aware of and turned away from) my sin?
b.  Was there a time in my life when I placed all my trust in Jesus Christ alone to save me?
c. Was there ever a time in my life when I completely surrendered to Jesus Christ as the Master and Lord of my life?

GOD"S WORD:  (Psalm 119:97, 140)
a.  Do I love to read and meditate on the Word of God?
b.  Are my personal devotions consistent and meaningful?
c.  Do I apply God's Word to my everyday life?

No comments: