Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Preparing For Revival Day 3...

Have you noticed how much praying for revival has been going on of late - and how little revival has resulted? I believe the problem is that we have been trying to substitute praying for obeying, and it simply will not work. To pray for revival while ignoring the plain precept laid down in Scripture is to waste a lot of words and get nothing for our trouble. Prayer will become effective when we stop using it as a substitute for obedience.

A.W. Tozer
 
CLEAR CONSCIENCE (Acts 24:16)
a. Do I consistently seek forgiveness from those I wrong or offend?
b.  Is my conscience clear with every person?  (Can I honestly say, "There is no one I have ever wronged or offended in any way and not gone back to that person and sought his forgiveness and made it right"?)
 
PRIORITIES:  (Matthew 6:33)
a.  Does my schedule reveal that God is first in my life?
b.  Does my checkbook reveal that God is first in my life?

a.  Do I love what God loves and hate what God hates?
b.  Do I value highly the things that please God (for example:  giving, witnessing to lost souls, studying His Word, praying)?

No comments: